Nikos Apostolopoulos was born in Patras, Greece.Studied at the Sorbonne, Paris, diploma in political science, doctorate in international law.Designed first collection of intimate wear for men, 1985; line expanded to include intimate wear for women, swimwear, and men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, 1987; designed costumes for theatre and opera, including Monsigny’s Cadi Dupe, Paris Spring Festival, 1989, and Richard Strauss’ Salome, Montpellier Festival, 1990; created Nikos Parfums and introduced first fragrance Sculpture Femme, 1994; created men’s fragrance Sculpture Homme, 1995
– 1975: Graduated from the law school of Athens Kapodistrian University.
– 1975-1977: Served the Air Force as a reservge officer.
– 1977: PhD on European Rights – Sorbonne (Paris).
– 1977: PhD on Political Sciences.
– 1980: Manager of the Greek Commerce Chamber of Paris.
– 1981-1985: Marketing Manager in Jean Claude de Luca.
– 1985: Start his own Fashion House in Paris and the creation, evolution on men underweare
– 1987: A collection of women underware and swimsuits. Also a full men collection.
– 1988: Men and women jeans collection.
– 1994: Female perfume, the “Sculpture”, produced Lancaster.
– 1995: Male perfume, produced by Lancaster, the “Sculptupe”.
Ηas collaborated with photographers:
Greg Gorman, Herb Ritts, Victor Screbneski, Tyen, Andreas Bitesnich, Chimene Lasserre, Comte, Didiere Roy, Fabrizio Ferri.
As a costume maker was appointed by:
– The Paris Opera House, at Bordeaux, Montpellier and Louxemburg.
– Also with the ballets of Monte Carlo and the modern ballet of Geneva Festival.
– Has worked with – Eric VU An Jean Charles Gill, Pier Paolo Coss, Lorca Massine.
– Opera: Salome, Ariande on Naxos, Magic Flute, Lucia di Lamermoor, etc.
– Ballet: Adam Miroir, Don Chichotte, Helectra (Theodorakis), A.Zorbas (Theodorakis),
Cabaret (Takis Zaharatos).
– Theatre: Prima Donna (Mimi Denisi).
Digitization,Editing Stelios Apostolopoulos